Fall is here! This is a great time to use some of the wonderful fruits and vegetables that are in season to make some quick, easy, and very delicious meals.
Click below to view a recipe for Vegan Spiced Pumpkin Pie Glo Bites. This low calorie treat only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
Vegan Spiced Pumpkin Pie Glo Bites
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance (vegan margarine)
- 1/4 cup sucanat (brown sugar probably works)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 c milled flax
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon almond milk (if crust is dry- mine was)
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ¼ cup cane sugar (or regular white)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup almond milk
- Dark Chocolate chips (optional)
DIRECTIONS: Mix crust together with a hand blender in a medium sized bowl. Place approx. 1 tablespoon of crust in a regular muffin tin. Press down to create a mini crust making sure the crust comes up on the sides a bit. Add approximately 2 teaspoons of filling and top with dark chocolate chips if preferred. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Makes 8-12 bites depending on how thick you make the crust. Ours made 10.