May 31 is World No Tobacco Day
May 31 is World No Tobacco Day (Click HERE to view the flyer)
Smoke knows no boundaries. World No Tobacco Day aims to draw global attention and raise awareness of harmful health effects of tobacco.
Tips to Help You Quit
- Set up a quit date.
- Get rid of your last cigarettes, and anything related to smoking—lighters, ashtrays, etc.
- Set up a support system. This could be taking a group class, going to Nicotine Anonymous, or having a friend or family member who has successfully quit who is willing to help you.
- Ask family and friends who smoke not to do so around you and to not leave cigarettes out where you can see them.
- Set up a support system. This could be a group class, Nicotine Anonymous, or a friend or family member who has successfully quit and is willing to help you.
- Don’t give up. The nicotine in tobacco is highly addictive, and it may take several attempts to quit smoking
Tools to help you quit smoking and breathe better!
- ERS Tobacco Cessation Programs: http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Insurance/Tobacco/Quit_Smoking_Resources/
- US Department of Health and Human Services http://www.foh.hhs.gov/calendar/wntd.html