05 Feb 2015
Show Your Support by Wearing Red Tomorrow, Friday February 6.
Join us at 12pm outside the Sawyer Auditorium as we take part in a campus-wide photo. (Our previously scheduled 2pm photo will no longer take place. We are excited to join up with the Women’s Recourse Center’s photo initiative at 12pm).
Take photos of with your coworkers wearing red and email them to SinclairSA@tsu.edu to be featured on our Wellness Website!
Get educated about Heart Disease and share this information with your friends and family. Click HERE for more information.
Click HERE to view the flyer
28 Jan 2015
Did you know that Heart Disease and Stroke kill 1 in 3 women? Yes it’s 80% preventable?
Join us is promoting heart health!
1) WEAR RED on Friday February 6, 2015 and join us in the Rec Center at 2pm for a group photo
2) Take pictures of you and your team wearing red and email it to HRhelp@tsu.edu
3) Click HERE to view and print out the Heart Health Guide. Share this information with the women you know.
28 Jan 2015
It’s a new month and we have a lot of great events coming up!
Join us in support for the Go Red for Women Campaign by wearing red to work on Friday, February 6. Then join us at 2pm inside the Student Center for a group photo!
Join us on Friday, January 30, 2015 for our Wellness Kickoff Event!
10am – 12pm at the University Rec Center
- Get a tour of the Rec Center and meet the staff
- Watch/ participate in fitness demonstrations
- Meet the Wellness Champions
- Find out about health screenings
- Learn more about our Smoking Cessation Programs
- Learn more about Wellness Benefits for Employees!
Reminder! Rec Center membership rates are 50% off through February 15, 2015
08 Jan 2015
Join your TSU Family for the 2015 Biggest Loser Challenge Welcome Meeting.
Date: January 9, 2015
Location: Hannah Hall Room 111
For more information or to sign up, contact Melanie Jackson at 713-313-7162
Click HERE to view the flyer and contest rules
01 Jan 2015
Happy New Year!!!
This year we are re-vamping our Work-Like Wellness program and we have several new and exciting events and activities to share!
We also have a team of fantastic Wellness Champions who are all excited about promoting a healthier campus. This month we invite you to get to know our Wellness Champion Rena. She was the winner of TSU’s Biggest Loser 2014, and she is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and making wellness a priority in all aspects of her life.
Click HERE to read about Rena and to view our events this month.
15 Dec 2014
Live Right – Lose Weight – Live Long
Join your TSU Family for the 2015 Biggest Loser Challenge.
Starting January 12, 2015 | The Entry Fee is $25.00
- Your weight will NOT be shared with others
- There will be weekly activities and meetings
- Nutrition demonstrations
- The top 3 players will receive a cash prize!!!!!! $$$$
Contact Melanie Jackson for more information 713-313-7162
Article from the Mayo Clinic:
The holiday season often brings unwelcome guests — stress and depression. And it’s no wonder. The holidays present a dizzying array of demands — parties, shopping, baking, cleaning and entertaining, to name just a few.
But with some practical tips, you can minimize the stress that accompanies the holidays. You may even end up enjoying the holidays more than you thought you would.