A Department or Division head may propose and submit a reorganization plan when long-term, significant and multiple changes are proposed for positions and/or the reporting structure within the department. All proposals for reorganization shall be submitted to the Office of Human Resources for review and approval PRIOR to implementing a reorganization plan. Please note that that the reorganization process may not be used to resolve employee discipline and/or performance issue. To resolve employee discipline and/or performance issues, please follow the guidelines set out in the University’s Discipline and Termination Policy.
- A Cover Memo submitted on department letterhead. The memo should include the reason for the re-organization, proposed timeframe for implementation, department contact(s), and if the proposed changes are cost-neutral or budgeted. The memo should also include signature lines for approval by: (a) the Department Head, (b) the Division Head, and (c) the Associate Vice President/CHRO.
2. Two Organization Charts
- The current organization structure
- The proposed organization structure
NOTE: Organization charts should include employee names and TBA positions.
- Completed Job Analysis Questionnaires (JAQs) signed by the Division Head/designee, for new and existing jobs that will be affected.
- Job Descriptions for all new and existing jobs that will be affected.
Reorganization Review Process
Upon receipt of the documentation package, the following actions will take place:
- Initial meeting with department representative(s) and the Associate Vice President/CHRO or designee.
- Assessment of reorganization plan and evaluation of JAQs and job descriptions by Associate Vice President/CHRO or designee and the Sr. Compensation Analyst.
- The Sr. Compensation Analyst will assist manager in editing job descriptions for new positions
- Office of Human Resources submits a response to the department/division head who requested the reorganization.
- If the reorganization plan is approved, the Associate Vice President/CHRO or designee gives written approval
- If the reorganization plan is not approved, a representative from the Office of Human Resources will meet with the department/division head to discuss the plan and present other alternatives.
Implementation of a reorganization plan is subject to the prior written approvals of the Department and Division heads, and the Associate Vice President/CHRO.