20 Oct 2015
Dear TSU Family:
We are excited, once again, about the opportunity to be part of a life-changing experience for thousands of people. Through your support of a wide variety of charities through the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC), we will contribute to improve the quality of life for people in local communities, across the country, and around the world. Each fall, employees of state agencies throughout Texas enjoy the benefit of giving millions of dollars to many of their favorite charities through an annual workplace giving campaign. In 2014, over 40,000 state employees participated, contributing more than $9,000,000 for charitable organizations.
29 Sep 2015
Your October 1 paycheck may look different for any of the following reasons:
- Health insurance rates for dependents increased.
- State of Texas Dental Choice PlanSM rates increased.
- HumanaDental DHMO rates decreased.
- Optional Term Life Insurance rates may have changed due to changes in your salary and/or your age.
- Summer Enrollment elections took effect.
- You elected membership dues for an employee association, such as the Texas Public Employees Association, to be deducted from your check. ERS does not handle employee association membership dues.
Find more information about benefit plan rates, visit the employees rates page.
06 Jul 2015
- Call ERS at 877-275-4377 or
- Log in to your online account at ERS: www.ers.state.tx.us or
- Visit the Human Resources Office to complete an Annual Enrollment Change Form.
29 May 2015
Over the past six years Texas Southern University’s faculty and staff have raised over $1 million for student scholarships. Here is the second video capturing the fun during our Kick-Off Celebration. The faculty and staff were partying with a purpose!
Our Faculty and Staff Annual Fund Campaign may have ended, but the need for support from all of our alumni and friends never ends. Before we close the books on this academic year, please consider making a gift to TSU.
12 May 2015
Check out these great Summer Promotions!!!
- Faculty and Staff who sign up during the months of June and July will receive a membership rate of $10 a month. (Special begins June 1, 2015)
- Benefits Fair Special: Faculty and Staff Who sign up at the TSU Benefits Fair will receive (2) months free (July and August). Must purchase a semesterly or annual membership at the regular rate. Will begin on September 1, 2015.
- Test the Waters: Not sure if the Rec Center is for you? Try it out free for (7) Days.
2015 Annual Benefits Fair will take place on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 from 10am – 2:30pm.
Learn more about your benefits, enter to win prizes, view demonstrations!
More details coming soon…
Do you know what to do in the event of an active shooter? The “Run. Hide. Fight.” video provides the information you need to survive an active shooter event. Visit www.ReadyHouston.gov for more information
09 Feb 2015
Heart disease is the number 1 killer of women; and it’s more deadly than all forms of cancer. Throughout the month of February we’ll be promoting heart health and sharing news and information about how you can start living a healthier lifestyle. To promote awareness to this cause, many of our employees participated in National Wear Red Day (on February 6, 2015). Check out a few of those pictures here!
01 Jan 2015
Happy New Year!!!
This year we are re-vamping our Work-Like Wellness program and we have several new and exciting events and activities to share!
We also have a team of fantastic Wellness Champions who are all excited about promoting a healthier campus. This month we invite you to get to know our Wellness Champion Rena. She was the winner of TSU’s Biggest Loser 2014, and she is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and making wellness a priority in all aspects of her life.
Click HERE to read about Rena and to view our events this month.